Like countries around the globe, Saudi Arabia has developed strict COVID-19 protocols as well. Along with the strict implementation of SOPs, officials are taking strict measures against their violations. From businesses of all sizes to individuals, breaches of policies will result in fines and closures (for businesses).
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Interior stated that the implementation of fines is an active effort towards limiting the chances of spreading the virus. Violations include refusing temperature checkups, failing to maintain social distance, and delaying or refusing to update health status on the Tawakkalna App, as well as refusing to wear face masks.
One of the most significant breaches of SOPs is the violation of wearing masks in public places, and Saudi Arabia announced fines against such violations on an individual or business level.
How much is the Mask Violation Fine
Individuals violating the policy to wear face masks will be fined SR1,000. On repetitive violations, the penalty can increase up to SR100,000.
Along with several other possible violations by Private sector businesses, letting people in the facility without a medical or cloth mask can result in fines. The person responsible for the facility will be fined as per the size of the facility and the number of employees it accommodates.
Small businesses with five or fewer workers will be fined SR10,000, along with a penalty of being closed for five days. Similarly, companies with between six and forty-nine workers will be closed for five days. However, the fine stands at SR20,000.
As the number of employees rises to between fifty and two hundred and forty-nine, medium-sized facilities can be fined up to SR50,000.
Larger businesses with more than two hundred and fifty workers can be penalized with five-day closure, as well as SR100,000.
On repetition of the offense, the Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution can consider a prison sentence as well.
How to check mask violation fine with Absher
To create an Absher account, see “How to create an Absher account.” To check the mask violation fine, follow these steps;
- Login to your Absher account by providing your username and password
- Enter the OTP you receive on the phone number registered
- After logging into your Absher account, go to My Services under electronic Services.
- Click on Inquiries.
- Click on Violations.
If you have any penalties for violation of face masks, your fines will appear here.
How to pay Mask violation fine
It is possible to pay face mask violation fines through online banking services of different banks. Here are some banks that are providing this facility.
Al Rajhi Bank
Follow these steps to pay a face mask violation fine using Al Rajhi Bank.
- Download the online application of Al Rajhi Bank
- Login to your account
- Click the three lines on the upper left corner
- Click on Payments
- Select Government Payments
- Select National Platform for Violations
- Click on Pay by Violator ID for a Specific Category
- For Issuing Entity select Ministry of Interior
- For Category select Public Security and then Violations of measures of COVID-19
After this, you will be able to see the name of the violator and the amount of the fine. You can then pay for it.
Follow these steps to pay a face mask violation fine using Samba Bank:
- Login to your account
- Click on SADAD Bills and MOI
- Click on Government Services
- Select the payment tab
- Choose National Platform for Violations for Service type
- Select Pay by Violator ID for a Specific Category for Application type
- Enter Iqama ID in the space for Violator ID
- Issuing Entity: Ministry of Interior
- Category: Violations Preventive Measures COVID-19
- Click OK
After this, you will be able to see the name of the violator as well as the amount of the fine. You can then pay for it.
Suppose you have an account in other banks operating within KSA, such as NCB, Riyad Bank, etc. The method to pay off fines through online banking is more or less the same.
How to remove mask violation fine
You can appeal for cancellation of a face mask violation fine by providing solid proof through an Absher account. Follow the steps below:
- Login to your Absher account
- Click on the My Services tab
- Select General services in the Services tab
- Select the Messages and Documents option
- Fill the To space with “لجنة تظلم من قرارات مخالفة الإجراءات الاحترازية من فيروس کورونا”
- In service name type “طلب تظلم من قرارات إيقاع العقوبات”
- State the Subject as Remove Face Mask violation Fine
- In Message, explain the proof that you have provided removal of fine
- Attach a picture as proof
- Click Send
If you are able to convince the authorities through the proof that you have provided, your fine will be removed.