Violating regulation may lead to a COVID fine or legal persuasion. Saudi Arabia announced on Tuesday a series of fines to be enforced against individuals and businesses which do not comply with COVID-19 regulations and social distancing, state news agency SPA reported.
The fines vary between 10,000 riyals ($2,666) and 50,000 riyals for individuals, while businesses will have to pay between 10,000 and 100,000 riyals.
Offending business owners will be prosecuted, SPA added.
($1 = SAR. 3.75)
COVID Fines Details:
Public Gathering (Covid Fines):
The person responsible for the assembly and the owner of the facility shall be fined as follows:
- SAR. 10,000 fine for the family gathering beyond the numbers specified by the authority and if individuals do not reside in the same building
- SAR. 15,000 fine for non-family gathering beyond the numbers specified in one or specific space.
- SAR. 40,000 fine for gatherings for social purposes such as funerals and parties exceeding the numbers specified by the authority.
- SAR. 50,000 fine for workers in homes, buildings under construction consisting of (5) people or more in one specific space, and they are not bound by one residential relationship.
Read our article on Institutional Quarantine for All Travelers
Establishment (Covid Fines)
The penalty for the establishment and its responsible person shall be according to its size and number of its employees, as follows:
Small establishment employees ranging from (1-5)
- SAR. 10,000 fine, with the facility being closed for five days.
Small establishment employees ranging (6 – 49)
- SAR. 20,000 fine, with the facility being closed for five days.
Average establishment employees ranging from (50 – 249)
SAR. 50,000 fin, with the establishment being closed for five days.
Large establishment employees ranging from 250+
SAR. 100,000 fine, with the establishment being closed for five days.
Upon repetition for the second time, the fine will be doubled. The person in charge of the facility branch shall be referred to the Public Prosecution to consider his imprisonment.
Restaurants and Cafes
Closed for 24 hours for the first time violation
48 hours for the second time
A week for the third time
Two weeks for the fourth time
A month or more for the fifth time
Individuals violation (Covid Fines)
SAR 1,000 penalty who violates the precautionary and preventive measures (protocols), and maybe doubled upon repetition and can reach 100,000 riyals.
Fines against the COVID protocol/guidelines:
- Not Using a medical or cloth mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Not adhering to Social distancing.
- Refusal to measure the temperature upon entering the premises of the public or private sectors
- Refusal to provide evidence of health status through the Tawakalna
- SR 1,000 fine for anyone trying to offer prayers in the Haram without a permit.
- SR 5,000 for attending the gathering, which may be doubled if repeated and can reach SAR. 10,000
- SR 10,000 for organizing any gatherings, which may be doubled if repeated and can reach SAR. 100,000, in addition to public Prosecution.
Adhere to the rules for you and your family and show responsibility toward the society.