Seven fun activities for this weekend in Riyadh. Here are some fantastic things to do this weekend in Riyadh. See our list below, which includes information on art festivals, a health retreat, an outdoor breakfast in the style of a picnic, and much more.
Table Of Content
- November 11, Friday
- Join a running group
- Crowne Plaza offers breakfast in the form of a picnic
- Participate in a daylong retreat to soothe your spirit
- Observe the 3×3 Basketball World Tour Championship
- Watch the Cirque du Soleil performance of “Messi 10”
- COYA turns ten
- Experience the Noor Riyadh festival’s awe
November 11, Friday
Join a running group
There is little doubt that becoming involved in the community improves running. The city’s first women’s running group, Riyadh Urban Runners (RUR), was established in 2016 to promote an active lifestyle through outdoor running.
The group meets many times weekly, and its participants support one another in achieving their objectives and recognizing the running’s diversity. Additionally, the club provides training schedules for any distance you may get prepared to race.
Therefore, if you’re interested in training for a marathon, join them on Fridays at 5.30 am at Wadi Hanifa. Coach Noura will ensure you follow your plan and reach your objectives.
- Every Fri 5.30 am.
- Riyadh Urban Runners
- Long Run & Marathon Practice, Wadi Hanifa.
- DM @riyadhurbanrunners
Crowne Plaza offers breakfast in the form of a picnic
On the outside terrace of Mosaique, a family-friendly picnic breakfast with live cooking stations features Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, and BBQ cuisines.
Recommended: Riyadh Season: Eat At The Acclaimed Restaurant The Maine
There is also a tonne of entertainment available, including live music to create a mellow atmosphere and a bouncy castle to occupy the little ones.
- Every Fri 1 pm-5 pm.
- Tel: 055 870 7059.
- Mosaique’s Terrace Picnic, Crowne Plaza Riyadh RDC Hotel & Convention,
- Ground Floor, Digital City, Imam Saud Ibn Abdul Aziz Road, Riyadh.
Participate in a daylong retreat to soothe your spirit
At this Raw Escapes retreat held outside beneath the stars, you will refocus your mind and body through an exciting nature walk, Shamanic breathwork, expressive dance and movement meditation session with live percussions, and a relaxing sound bath.
Recommended: Balad Beast by MDLBEAST, featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff, Rick Ross, and more, has been announced for Jeddah
To transcend any barriers keeping you back, each step of this retreat will be infused with soul and carefully planned. Therefore, if you need to rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit, this getaway is for you.
- Nov 11, 2 pm-9.30 pm
- SAR500 per person.
- Raw Escapes’ Breath to Bliss – Shamanic Breathworks & Ecstatic Dance.
- They will provide buses. Register here.
- Tel: 055 548 5547.
Observe the 3×3 Basketball World Tour Championship
As a part of the fun weekend activities of the Diriyah Season 2022, 14 of the top international teams will visit the historic town of Diriyah in Riyadh for the first time, vying for the title of the Basketball 3×3 World Tour Championship.
There will be,
- A dunk challenge
- Acrobatic entertainment shows
- Audience competitions
- Freestyle basketball controls
- The three-point challenge
- A concert by hip-hop artists Duo Duffy and Filbrace
- And international band Marimba, as well as many other musical performances.
Recommended: Saudi Games 2022 Opened In Riyadh
These are just a few of the events and recreational activities featured at this global sporting event.
- November 11 & 12, 4 pm-12 am.
- FIBA 3×3 World Tour, Diriyah.
- Get your tickets here. The price starts from SAR 150.
Saturday, November 12
Watch the Cirque du Soleil performance of “Messi 10”
If you haven’t heard, Lionel Messi’s fans can catch the new “World Cup” version of “Messi 10” at Boulevard Riyadh City in Season 2022. It details the legend’s early years and the most significant turning points in his life and football career.
Additionally, visitors may anticipate engaging in fun activities within the arena this weekend, like taking memento photos and walking through the player’s winning tunnel in Riyadh.
Recommended: A Travel Guide For The 2022 FIFA World Cup From Saudi Arabia To Qatar
- Until December 1, Thursday to Saturday, 5.30 pm -7.30 pm & 8.30 pm-10.30 pm,
- Monday to Wednesday, 6.30 pm-8.30 pm.
- Messi 10, Boulevard Riyadh City, Cool Arena.
- Get your tickets here. The ticket price starts from SAR 40.
COYA turns ten
Enjoy the weekend by participating in COYA’s incredible activations. From Friday, November 11, through Sunday, November 13, starting at 7 pm, COYA Riyadh will commemorate its tenth birthday.
Delicious food and drinks, live DJs, entertainment, and many more will be available.
In addition, COYA will be serving ten of its unique signature dishes from the previous ten years, such as,
- Citrus Atun (yellowfin tuna, stem ginger, maracuya, hazelnut, and radish),
- Conchas Tiradito (scallops, Botija olives, cancha, and coconut ice cream), and
- Tacos de Coco (coconut parfait, mango, peach, and coconut ice cream).
Therefore, book your reservations at COYA and start the festivities.
- COYA Riyadh,
- 8710 Prince Abdulaziz Ibn Musaid Ibn Jalawi St, As Sulimaniyah, 4237, Riyadh 12223,
- Sat to Wed 1 pm to midnight, Thurs & Fri 1 pm to 12.30 am.
Experience the Noor Riyadh festival’s awe
You’ll find over 190 artworks illuminating the city with immersive site-specific installations, monumental public paintings, temporary sculptures, art trails, virtual reality, building projections, and drone displays spread across 40 places in nine different zones.
Recommended: Riyadh Prepares For The Light And Art Festival; Noor Riyadh 2022
If you ask us, it’s undoubtedly an exciting way to go through Riyadh, both during the day and at night.
- November 3-19, 6 pm-1 am Noor Riyadh Festival 2022.
- Get tickets here.
- The price for each zone and experience varies and starts from SAR 50 per person.