Eight exciting activities to unleash the Riyadh Weekend monster. It’s a September weekend of dance, music, food, and new releases at the cinema.
If you are looking for pet groomers, Fret not; ‘The Social Pup’ offers grooming and veterinarian services for your felines and canines.
Table of contents
- September 15, Thursday
- Encore’s Italian culinary feast
- Bring out your dancing shoes; it’s the XCHANGE Nites music event
- ‘Narratives’ celebrates music, dancing, and arts
- Escape The Room: The virtual reality mind challenge
- La Brasserie’s delicious buffet Brunch
- Ticket to Paradise, Julia Roberts spins her magic with George Clooney.
- The Social Pup, a new pet café
- The Museum of Happiness for family time
September 15, Thursday
Encore’s Italian culinary feast
Do you love Italian food? Encore Restaurant offers a set menu of authentic Italian cuisine that will bring you back for more. Treat yourself to a warm welcome, lively atmosphere, live music, and great food.
- Opens at 7 pm (last seating at 11.30 pm)
- Encore Restaurant, @encorerestaurants
- Italian Themed Dinner, September 15,
- Core Social Wellness Club,
- Diplomatic Quarter, Al Safarat, Riyadh 12512. Tel: 050 801 9750.
Bring out your dancing shoes; it’s the XCHANGE Nites music event
Dance the night away to a local plus international line-up of music talent arranged by KNZ, record label.
The music lab and event organizers from Riyadh have organized the evening in collaboration with XP Music Futures. The program card lists DJs Bluepaper, Agha, and Fulltone.
- September 15, 9.30 pm to 1 am,
- SAR450 per person, Book your tickets here.
- XCHANGE Nites with KNZ,
- Diriyah Biennale Foundation. @xpmusicfutures
September 16, Friday
‘Narratives’ celebrates music, dancing, and arts
A dance and art event, ‘Narratives’ showcases local and international DJs that will have you on your feet with an oriental deep house mix.
Besides the music, you can enjoy the various art exhibitions by local artists at the makeshift booths. Hang out with your friend for a fun night with food, DJs, and dancing.
Russian Volen Sentir and Dave Pad from Armenia make up the International roster; the local artists include NarkBeat and Alaa Jazaeri.
- Sept 16, 8 pm to 3 am,
- The tickets start from SA,
- The tickets start from SAR360
- Get your tickets here.
- Narratives in Riyadh, Diriyah Biennale Foundation.
Escape The Room: The virtual reality mind challenge
Escape The Room offers challenging scenarios best suited to your preferences. You can escape a jail cell, cure a deadly virus, or uncover the secrets of political organizations.
The 60-minute adventures let players decipher clues and near-impossible puzzles to break out of locked rooms. Keep your mind in the game; the challenge is for you to break through.
- Sun to Wed 1 pm to 11 pm,
- Thurs to Sat 1 pm to midnight.
- Escape The Room,
- Exit 5, King Abdulaziz Road, Tel: 050 809 9911. @escapetheroomsa
La Brasserie’s delicious buffet Brunch
Friday brunch, anyone? Join your family or friends at La Brasserie and enjoy a spread of delightful gourmet comfort food inspired by various regions worldwide and refreshing drinks this weekend in Riyadh.
- Fri 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm,
- SAR397 per person.
- La Brasserie Friday Brunch, Al Faisaliah Hotel,
- King Fahd Rd, Al Olaya, Riyadh 12212. Tel: 011 273 2005. @labrasserieruh
September 17, Saturday
Ticket to Paradise, Julia Roberts spins her magic with George Clooney.
Academy Award-winning duo George Clooney and Julia Roberts join hands as exes on a mission to stop their lovestruck daughter from making the mistake they made.
Ticket to Paradise is a classic rom-com filled with the sweet surprise of a second chance at love.
- Ticket to Paradise, Book your tickets here.
- Romance/Comedy, Rating R15, 1 hr 40min.
The Social Pup, a new pet café
The Social Pup is a specialized veterinary and grooming service with a range of products for your pet dogs and cats.
The store’s backdoor opens onto Hyde Bark, an outdoor park and café serving hot and cold drinks to the waiting customers.
Recommended: Coffee and Cats: Saudi Arabia’s First Cat Cafe
The store welcomes male and female customers. Pamper your pet while you enjoy a coffee and dessert.
- Children below 14 are not allowed in Hyde Bark.
- Daily 5 pm to 11 pm
- The Social Pup, King Abdullah Rd, Riyadh 11461, @thesocialpup.sa
The Museum of Happiness for family time
Are you looking for soft, easy moments of Quality family time? Capture yourself in photographs without the hustle for selfies. A family outing that leaves you feeling happy?
The interactive Museum of Happiness is the place for you this weekend in Riyadh. A massive pink teddy bear awaits your hug in a pink room; you can get yourself photographed in a bathtub filled with rubber ducks.
A tour guide and photographer lead the 45-minute tour. The guide shows the visitors around and through the ten themed rooms, with the opportunity to pose for pictures.
- Sun to Thurs 4 pm to 11 pm,
- Fri & Sat 2 pm to 11 pm.
- SAR30 for kids between two and 12 years old & SAR90 for adults
- Get your tickets here.
- Museum of Happiness, Riyadh Front, Gate 3.