Riyadh — The Arab Coalition for the restoration of legitimacy in Yemeni confirmed on Friday that Saada prison was not a target during last week’s strike and promised to provide all facts about the Houthi claims soon.
The Arab’s Coalition said in a statement: “What the terrorist militia said is an attempt to mislead public opinion about the true activity of the site.”
“There are four locations identified as prisons in the Joint Forces Command’s NSL (No Strike List) in Sa’dah city, and that the closest prisons location is (1.8 km) away from the alleged location,” the official spokesman of the Arab’s Coalition Brig. Gen. Turki Al-Maliki has said.
“In addition, the targeted location, a Special Security Camp in Sa’dah, is a legitimate military target.”
“What was announced and disseminated in its media outlets by the terrorist Houthi militia is a blatant attempt to mislead the public to the true nature of the location,” he added.
Al-Maliki said OCHA Yemen and ICRC would visit the Joint Forces Coalition’s Headquarters to see the true nature of the military location in question.
He clarified that the Arab’s Coalition had not received any requests from any UN organizations or INGOs to place the location of the claim on its NSL.
“The Joint Forces Command of the Arab’s Coalition implements the highest international standards in its targeting mechanism and Rules of Engagement. “
“The terrorist Houthi militia bears the full responsibility in the event it uses civilians as human shields at its military locations,” he said.