Riyadh — The Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources announced the details of the inaugural Future Minerals Summit on Tuesday. The first-ever event to offer a ‘one-stop-shop for miners, investors, and other industry stakeholders interested in the mining potential of Central Asia, the Middle East, North, and East Africa.
The Future Minerals Summit enjoys the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman.
Bandar Al-Khorayef, the Minister of Industry and Mineral Resources is reported to have said, “With a $1.3 trillion mineral development endowment, we are looking for investors and partners to work with us to transform the Saudi mining industry in the coming years.”
The Summit is scheduled from Jan. 11 to 13, 2022, in Riyadh, with the world’s key mining industry leaders, investors invited for the event.
The Summit is a platform for governments from across the Middle East, Central Asia, North, and East Africa to collaborate on investment opportunities and strategic partnerships with international mining companies.
The conference targets:
- defining a New Mining Hub
- Showcasing opportunities across Central Asia, the Middle East, and North and East Africa
- Outlining partnership opportunities across integrated value chains, Reimagining Mining
- Shining a spotlight on innovations that will support mining in the future, and Mining’s Contribution to Society
- Highlighting the industry’s vital role in producing the inputs needed to create a circular carbon future and attract a future workforce.