Riyadh — The preliminary list of those granted Saudi Citizenship through a royal decree of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman was published recognizing their distinguished services and outstanding contributions to the Saudi society.
You may also like to read more : Saudi Arabia now Allows Quarterly Renewal of Residency Permits
Among the scholars are also those who framed and approved the historic Makkah Document.
The scholars are :
- Hussein Al-Daoudi, chairman of the Scandinavian Council
- Dr. Muhammad Nimr El-Sammak, secretary-general of the National Islamic-Christian Committee for Dialogue, Lebanon
- Dr. Radwan al-Sayed, a researcher in Islamic Thought Studies
- Mustafa Ceric, former Grand Mufti of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Abdullah Saleh Abdullah, a leading Iraqi academic and historian
- Sayyed Muhammad Al-Husseini, secretary-general of the Arabic Islamic Council of Lebanon, and an eminent Shiite scholar.
- Saudi Arabia also granted Citizenship to a group of distinguished medical personalities in their respective fields, and they are:
- Dr. Emad Muhammad Talijeh, a renowned infectious diseases consultant, published more than 87 scientific papers.
- Dr. Farouq Oweida is a consultant cardiothoracic surgeon, head of the cardiac surgery Department at Saud Al Babtain Center.
- Dr. Imad Uddin Najeh Ezzat Kanaan, the head of the Department of Neurology at King Faisal Specialist Hospital, was nominated by the Canadian Academy as among the 16 best surgeons globally.
- Dr.Khaled Hamwi, Deputy Director for Clinical Excellence, served as director of the Organ Transplant Center at King Fahd Specialist Hospital in Dammam.
- Dr. Muhammad Ghayath Jamil, the Medical Director of the Intensive Care Unit for Organ Transplantation, was the former president of the Saudi Sleep Medicine Group and director of the telemedicine program.
- Dr. Walid Khaled Rashid: Consultant of hematology, stem cell transplantation, and bone marrow transplantation at King Faisal Specialist Hospital.
- Dr. Mustafa Abdullah Saleh: A renowned physician who presented 235 scientific papers in specialized international scientific fields.
- Prominent academics and educational figures awarded Saudi Citizenship include several professors of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
- The academics are Bekir Yilbas, Ansir Merah, Tawfiq Abdo Saleh Awad, Mohammed Abdel Aziz Mustafa Habib, Mohamed Abdel Karim Antar, Ali Hussein Muqaibel, Azzedine Zerkin, Samir Mekid, Salaheldin El-Katatny, Ayman Helmy Al-Maleh, Bassam El-Ali, and Mohamed Ahmed Nasr Eldin Mahmoud. Hadi Mohamed Aqoun and Musa Qari Syed.