Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was unanimously elected as the President of the UAE to succeed the late Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed. (Abu Dhabi media office)
Abu Dhabi — Saturday, the Emirati Federal Supreme Council has unanimously elected Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan as New President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The Council held a meeting on Saturday at Al Mushrif Palace in Abu Dhabi.
The meeting was chaired by Sheikh Mohammed Bn Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai. As reported by Emirates News Agency (WAM).
The Council comprised,
- Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Ruler of Sharjah, Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi
- Ruler of Ajman, Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi
- Sheikh Hamad Bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Ruler of Fujairah
- Ruler of Umm Al Qaiwain, Sheikh Saud Bin Rashid Al Mu’alla
- Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah.
The Ministry of Presidential Affairs announced the election according to Article 51 of the Constitution.