Riyadh — CITC, the Communications and Information Technology Commission, has published regulations for Non-Terrestrial Networks. The published document covers three regulatory requirements.
The documents are:
- “Regulations for Provisioning of Operation Services of Non-terrestrial Networks,”
- “Regulations for Provisioning of Telecommunication Services over Non-terrestrial Networks.”
These regulations enable networks to adopt the latest NTN wireless technologies that will expand the Kingdoms thriving digital economy.
CITC is focused on providing “technology-neutral” communication services using cutting-edge wireless technologies and enabling the wide spread of NTN technologies.
A well-established regulatory environment for NTN will attract investments to tap the full potential of these technologies.
The Targeted Technologies Include:
- A2G, Air-to-ground communication.
- SAT-IoT, Mega Constellations, Satellite Internet of Things,
- 5G CGC, High Altitude Platform Technologies (HAPS), and Low Altitude Platform Technologies.