Riyadh — Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on behalf of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman, inaugurated the first edition of the World Defense Show 2022. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is the deputy prime minister and minister of defense and Chairman of the General Authority for Military Industries.
The Crown Prince toured the exhibition with over 590 international companies participating and representing 42 countries. Additionally, the show has in attendance as participants several national government organizations of defense and security sector.
Prince Mohammed received a brief on the virtual command and control center. The center, equipped by major international defense companies with the latest systems and technologies, simulates the future of command and control systems.
For the opening ceremony, the Crown Prince was accompanied by the Minister of Interior Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif, Prince Abdullah bin Bandar, Minister of National Guard, and the Deputy Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman.
Also accompanying the Crown Prince were;
- Ahmed Al-Khatib, the Chairman of the Supervisory Committee of the World Defense Exhibition
- Abdulaziz Al-Huwairini, Head of State Security
- Chief of the General Staff Lieutenant General Fayyad Al-Ruwaili
- Eng. Ahmed Al-Ohali, Governor of the General Authority for Military Industries
- Commander of the Joint Forces Lt. General Mutlaq Al-Azaima
- Assistant Minister of Defense for Executive Affairs Khaled Al-Biyari
- Director-General of the Office of the Minister of Defense Dr. Hisham Al Al-Sheikh
- Major General Eng. Talal Al-Otaibi Military Adviser to the Minister of Defense.