Table of content
If you are a Pakistani ex-pat based in Saudi Arabia, you may find the need to renew your passport. Pakistan does have several embassies in the larger cities of the Kingdom, including Jeddah and Riyadh, among others. Getting an appointment to renew the passport is not a very tough procedure, but we have taken the liberty of highlighting the steps down here for your ease.
Book an appointment at the Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh
Booking an appointment is much needed during increased crowds, but it’s better to get one anyway. It helps you save time and reduces wait time.
You can get an appointment at the Jeddah consulate or the Riyadh Embassy. Honestly, you can give them a call to book an appointment. The contact numbers are given as follows.
Riyadh Pak Embassy: 0114884111
Jeddah consulate (Pakistan): 0126692371
You can also schedule an appointment directly from the website of the Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh. It is an electronic process, so it does have a few simple steps.
- Create an account at the Embassy of Pakistan website. You have to be registered with the embassy to be able to book an appointment. You can create an account with the registration form given here.
- Once you are done creating an account, log on to the embassy’s official website.
- On your far right-hand side would be a panel of particular options. From the very top of the menu, select the tab of an Advance token.
- Enter the details of your User ID and password as created before.
- The page will reload, and the menu will appear again. Select the advance token option once again.
- A new page will open up, allowing you to select the date and time for your Pakistan Embassy visit to renew your passport. Choose a date and time that would suit you best.
- Enter other relevant details in the boxes given below. These include Passport & CNIC number, email address, and profession. Also, fill in the captcha at the bottom of the page to confirm your identity as a non-bot.
- A new page will open up and confirm the details of your appointment. Download this receipt and have it printed; you will need it to enter the embassy. Remember to carry all essential documents, which will need to be verified before your appointment.
This is all for booking an appointment at the Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh. It is a relatively simple system, so there is nothing to worry about. The working hours are between 8 AM to 3 PM every day.
Booking an appointment at the Pakistan consulate in Jeddah
If you need to renew your passport in Jeddah, you must make an appointment with the Pakistan consulate in the city. The method is rather much the same as that at the Riyadh Embassy.
- Visit the website.
- Select passport to fill the first tab and Consular Services Jeddah to fill the second.
- Decide on a date and time for when you want to make the appointment.
- The next page will ask for all imperative details such as the first and last name, email address, cell phone number address, city, etc. Fill in everything accurately and select next.
- You will be emailed confirming your appointment with the Pakistan consulate in Jeddah. Be sure to carry a soft and hard copy of this email with you on your appointment day, along with all other necessary documents.
This is for booking an appointment with the Pakistan consulate in Jeddah. Once you have your appointment, try not to miss it, for rescheduling can be a nuisance. We have also mentioned other vital things you need to know to renew your Pakistan Passport.
Documents required for Pakistani Passport Renewal
If you are in KSA, you can apply for the renewal of your Pakistan Passport only a year before it expires. Other than having a proper appointment time, you also need some documents for your passport renewal. These are:
- A copy of your valid iqama
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of the parent’s iqama & passport (for underage applicants like children)
Pakistan passport renewal fees in Saudi Arabia
You can have either ordinary or urgent passport renewal done, depending on your need. The standard passport takes 30 days to make, while the urgent passport takes just under 15 days to deliver.
The fee structures for the different ordinary passport types are as given below:
- 5 years passport (36 pages): SR 86
- 5 years passport (72 pages): SR 158
- 10 years passport (36 pages): SR 155
- 10 years passport (72 pages): SR 283
The urgent passport types are slightly more costly since they deliver on much shorter notice. The fee structures for the urgent passport types are:
- 5 years passport (36 pages): SR 143
- 5 years passport (72 pages): SR 257
- 10 years passport (36 pages): SR 257
- 10 years passport (72 pages): SR 463
Renewal of Pakistan Passport at Pakistan Embassy in KSA
The process seems daunting if you are going through it for the first time. However, we have made a short guide to guide you through it without panicking.
- Visit the embassy of your choice at your predetermined appointment.
- Pay the fee for the renewal (of whatever passport you want) and then follow the marking on the floor.
- You will have to take a photograph at the second counter.
- Provide biometric details at the next counter
- Fill in the renewal of passport form or help an officer do so
- Review the form and make sure all entered details are correct
- Please submit the form and get a receipt from the officer in charge.
- You can take the receipt to the next counter and pay additional fees to have the passport shipped directly to your address via Aramex. But this is an optional step; you can forego it if you can collect the passport independently.
Passport collection at the embassy
Once your 30 or 15-day waiting period is over, you can go and collect your passport for the embassy itself. This can be the Riyadh Embassy or the Jeddah Consulate. Either way, passport collection is the easiest step by far.
Follow the grey line all the way to the passport collection office once you are in the embassy. You can collect the passport between 8 AM and 3 PM every day.
That about wraps up the topic. Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh and the consulate in Jeddah do a decent job handling people flow during most days. However, it is best to have an appointment at hand before you decide to go in for a passport renewal. We hope that this article covers all questions that you may have regarding this discussion.