Being one of the largest Arab countries, it is only fitting that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a population to match. As of 2021, Saudi Arabia’s approximate population is 32.21 million people, out of which 13.42 million are foreigners.
Out of the 13.4 million employed people in the country, only 3 million are locals, meaning that over 77% of the KSA’s working population are foreigners.
With such a high percentage of foreigners, the KSA has very well-defined rules for expatriates and their careers in the KSA. Today, we look at these rules for engineers who come to the KSA to work.
Suppose you are an engineer or a technician who has come to the KSA to work. You need to register with the Saudi Engineering Council. It is mandatory that all your documents are legal and that the profession on your Iqama matches your actual job.
Documents That You Need For SCE Registration
1. Photograph – You need to have a formal picture of yourself with a white background.
2. A scanned copy of your Iqama – This is an essential document for SCE registration.
3. A scanned copy of your passport.
4. Attested degree – You need your degree from the university you graduated from, irrespective of the country. Your degree then has to be attested by the Saudi Embassy.
5. Letter of Authorization – You need a Letter of Authorization from the Saudi Council of Engineers, which you can download from the SCE website.
6. Letter of Introduction – You need a Letter of Introduction from your employer that mentions your name, date of joining, gross salary, etc. This Letter then has to be attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
7. Academic transcripts and mark sheets
It is advised that you have multiple copies of each document.
The SCE Registration Process
Now, we look at all the steps involved in registering yourself for the SCE.
STEP 1 – Scan all the above documents after the right authorities have attested them. Scan both sides of the papers which have them.
STEP 2 – Sign up on the SCE website after you have all your documents in order. Make sure to be cautious about your credentials. Log in using your credentials if you are already registered on the website.
STEP 3 – Upload all your scanned documents with the utmost care.
STEP 4 – Pay the required fee through Sadad. After the documents are uploaded, you must pay 500 SAR through Sadad.
You will receive a Sadad reference number in your email or through SMS. You can pay online.
Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an SMS to pay 750 SAR, which you must pay the same way.
STEP 5 – After the fee payment, you will get a temporary membership at SCE. Before complete approval, your application has to be verified by authorities such as Jawazat.
STEP 6 – You must provide all this information to your Mandoob (HR or the Government Relations Officer of your company).
After this, you will receive another message to update your Jawazat. Log into your account and click on ‘Update Jawazat.’
STEP 7 – You will receive another SMS to pay 100 SAR through Sadad again.
Renewal Of SCE Membership
STEP 1 – Log into your SCE account and click the ‘Renew Membership’ tab. Then, select the years you want to renew your membership.
It costs 250 SAR for a year. 250 is multiplied by your preferred years to determine your renewal fee.
STEP 2 – You will then receive an SMS for payment through Sadad.
After the payment of the fee to the Saudi Engineering Council, you’re all done!
We hope this article helps you or anyone who needs to register with the Saudi Engineering Council or renew their membership.