Absher is one of the most useful and used applications in Saudi Arabia. It makes access to government services in Saudi Arabia easier for its citizens and ex-pats alike. Absher provides almost 279 services to its users, for example, making appointments, renewing passports, IDs/Iqama, driver’s licenses, and others.
You can use Absher to apply for jobs in Saudi Arabia, get Hajj permits, update passport information, and report electronic crimes. The Saudi Interior Ministry provides Absher’s online interactive platform. You can download the application from Google Playstore or iOS.
Recommended: Different Types Of Iqama In Saudi Arabia
Absher app by the Saudi Ministry of Interior launched one of its most innovative services called Furijat in 2019.
The Fujirat initiative was launched in collaboration with the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development of Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Authority for Data and Artificial Intelligence, and the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA).
This initiative aims to provide KSA’s citizens and ex-pats with a safe and secure way to donate money to prisoners in Saudi jails.
These are prisoners convicted for non-criminal financial cases. With this initiative, you can help them pay their debt to society and be free.
However, Absher doesn’t handle the payments. You can make the payments through SADAD. Furijat service allows users to search for prisoners from specific nationalities, regions, gender, etc., with non-criminal financial cases.
Recommended: Absher, Tawakkalna Unified Single Platform Planned
Once you have chosen the prisoner you want to pay the debts for, you can view & validate the Sadad bill number that payments are made to for the prisoner. You can choose to spend their entire debt or some part of their debt to help them.
In less than a week of its launch, the Fujirat initiative helped release more than 200 prisoners because of online donations.
Method To Pay Debts For Prisoners Via Absher
You can pay debts for prisoners and help them by following these steps:
- Go to your Absher Application & login.
- Select “Electronic Services” from the options on your screen.
- Then click on “My Services.”
- On the new page, select “General Directorate of Prisons.”
- Click on the “help prisoners” option.
- The next page will show you all the details you need to know about helping the prisoners. Read this page carefully and press the “proceed” button once satisfied.
- On the next page, you can select the region, nationality, gender, and marital status of the prisoner you want to donate to. Similarly, you can choose the type of donation (Sadqa/Zakat).
- According to the filter of the parameters you entered, the next page will show you all the prisoners who match those criteria, the percentage of the amount collected, the pending amount, and their Sadad bill number.
- Each result shown on your screen is a single case. However, if more than one case on a prisoner, all instances will be shown with a prisoner ID. You can also narrow down your queries to display prisoners with a particular number of cases.
- Once you have selected a prisoner to help, note down their SADAD number shown on the screen and make payment through your bank account. The SADAD billing code for Fujirat service is 169.
Validating Your SADAD Payment
You can also validate the bill number for each case you want to help. To do so:
- Select “Electronic Services” and click on “My Services” via Absher.
- Then select “General Directorate of Prisons.”
- Click on “Validate Bill Number.”
- Enter your Sadad Bill number & press the “Search” button.
- The screen will display the details of the bill number. These details contain the paid amount, remaining amount, prisoner ID & Sadad bill number.