Since 2019, the Saudi Arabian authorities have taken several steps to improve the country’s tourism sector. Saudi Arabia launched its tourist visa system, allowing the country to receive tourism from 49 countries since Saudi Arabia aims to triple the number of foreign tourists this Year.
If you’re one of the people, local or foreign, who would want to explore Saudi Arabia and its enchanting beauty, then Wadi Lajab is for you.
Wadi Lajab, also known as the Paradise in the Desert, is a mesmerizing valley in the Javan Province. Wadi Lajab is the culmination of natural beauty. It is one of the top places to visit in Saudi Arabia.
The Canyon allows the tourists to experience the enchanting views of tall palm trees surrounded by the intricate architecture of nature. The Valley comprises high cliff walls that open pathways between water streams, small waterfalls, and ponds.
Moreover, the wildlife in the region completes the incredible view for the tourists. Wadi Lajab looks like a mirage come true.
Where is Wadi Lajab Located?
Wadi Lajab is located in the Javan Province in Southern Saudi Arabia. Jizan City is the closest urban settlement near the Valley. The Wadi is approximately 125 km from the city. Jizan offers several destinations for the best tourist experience.
Although the highways leading up to Jizan are as good as any highway in the world, it is essential that tourists take a four-wheeler SUV vehicle on their visit since the road leading to the Canyon is filled with rough trails.
What does the Wadi Lajab look like?
Wadi Lajab looks like something out of the sci-fi Dune novels. The Wadi exists in the footsteps of two high and steep mountains.
This forms a rocky canyon developed over millions of years of seismic and volcanic activities. The Canyon in which the Wadi lies is approximately 5 km long and around 30 km in width.
Due to these circumstances, the Wadi has narrow pathways of geographical beauty at high altitudes. The towering rock formations and water bodies such as streams, waterfalls, and ponds give the Valley its otherworldly beauty.
Furthermore, the Canyon is covered with moss on all sides and surrounded by tall olive and palm trees. This greenery, browns of the boulders, and blues of the clear sky and streams make up an ethereal view for the tourists.
What can you do in Wadi Lajab?
Wadi Lajab isn’t only loaded with mind-blowing views with which tourists can do memorable photography. It allows for a range of activities.
- Firstly, the Wadi Lajab restaurant is a must-try. Tourists should give their Chicken Mandi and Lamb Roast a chance for a mouthwatering meal.
- Afterward, tourists can go on a rejuvenating hiking and trekking experience through the rocky Paradise in the Desert. Along this course of hiking, tourists can truly experience the Valley’s beauty that resides in its geographical structures and several types of rocks.
- Moreover, tourists can swim in the crystal clear water bodies in the Wadi. Going for a dip in the cool streams and ponds of the Valley amidst the desert heat might be one of the most memorable events of your life.
- In addition, the streams and ponds are home to several types of fish, and tourists can set their stuff, sit on a ledge, and put their fishing lines in with family and friends. Fishing is one of the core experiences at Wadi Lajab.
- Lastly, if you’re an adrenaline junkie or a fitness fanatic, rock climbing is one more activity you can add to your books. The complex, rocky formation of the Gorges allows for a fantastic rock climbing experience.
Wadi Lajab is truly a hidden gem in Saudi Arabia, and it is no surprise that it has earned itself the name of Paradise in the Desert.
Saudi Arabia is opening itself to the world of tourism. This Valley of complex rocky structures, beautiful water bodies, and enthralling wildlife and greenery is a must-visit for folks who love exploring new places.