Table of Content
Digitalizing government services is revamping the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Interior as we know it.
Absher is an official mobile application that provides electronic services of the Absher Portal right at your fingertips. Launched by the Ministry of Interior, Saudi Arabia, this application allows citizens and, similarly, residents in the Kingdom to access many government services.
What is an Absher account?
An Absher account allows citizens and expatriates to access government services from the comfort of their homes. Signing up for an Absher account has recently become mandatory, although it is effortless to set up and free of charge.
What can an Absher account be used for?
The Absher account provides over 250 administrative services to the people of Saudi Arabia. If you have a legal and valid iqamah, you can sign up for it successfully. These services include but are not limited to:
- Iqama renewal and expiry info.
- Driving license application.
- Applying for jobs.
- Hajj & Umrah permits.
- Passport renewal.
- Reporting electronic or cybercrimes.
- Making appointments with service providers.
- Resident card and IDs.
Many other previously available services without Absher have been moved to this platform, too. Hence, it is of unquestionable importance to have an active Absher account. It does connect you to the rest of the Kingdom.
Register for an Absher Account
Since Absher has become such a big deal recently, people are worried about registering for it. It is an entirely electronic process that is out of the comfort zone of many middle-aged people. Nonetheless, it is a simple procedure that takes very little time.
- Visit the official Absher website.
- There are two major categories. Business or Individual. Select the latter.
- You can select English as the language of choice for the registration process.
- A page will ask for login details. Below is an option for a new user. Choose that.
- A form will open up. There would be many details on it, so fill it in carefully. Click next.
- Absher will send a verification code to your mobile number. Enter the code and click Register.
- Your Absher account is all setup and ready to go!
Activate an Absher Account
Although there are several ways to activate an Absher, the quickest and easiest way is to get into the system using a bank account. However, an Absher kiosk self-service machine and Jawazat offices can also be used for this purpose. They do tend to make the process longer, but they work anyway.
Absher account activation with the Al Rajhi Bank application
In this article, we have outlined the activation procedure through Al Rajhi Bank. Moreover, you can do this using the website or the smartphone application for this Bank. A few steps are involved, and they can readily be done within a few minutes.
- Download the Al Rajhi bank application. This is available on both Google PlayStore and iTunes.
- Log into your bank account with valid details.
- Select the Profile & Settings option from the pop-up side panel menu.
- After that, select the Absher option & click proceed.
- Choose the confirmation option, and you’re all done!
Absher account activation on the Al Rajhi website
If you are not handy with a mobile application and prefer to use the bank website instead, don’t panic. We have got you covered!
- Log into your Al Rajhi internet banking account on their website.
- Go into the Services option and select the Register in Absher option from the drop-down list.
- Click Accept on the next page, which is essentially asking for permissions.
- The Al Rajhi system will automatically fetch your iqamah number, name, and phone details. Subsequently, if all information is in order, click Proceed.
- The page will let you know it shares your information with MOI. Click Proceed.
- Absher will send you an SMS on your phone to confirm.
- Log in to your Absher account on their official website or application.
- Click on the activate through bank option to complete the process.
And there you have it. That is all that you have to do. It is simple and does not take more than a few minutes to set up. You can now easily enjoy all the e-services anywhere as long as you have access to the internet.