What is the Qiwa platform?
It’s the 21st century, and the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is taking measures to provide ease to its shareholders. For instance, one of the examples is the labor reforms of 2021. Furthermore, its shift towards digitalization is also removing blockades that were once there for expatriates.
The Ministry of Human Resource and Social Development (HRSD) developed the Qiwa platform. It’s an online platform to provide a better and wider variety of services to the labor sector. Moreover, it is mandatory for all expatriates to register on the platform to take advantage of the service.
Along with providing benefits, Qiwa also asks businesses to take precautions and not break laws.
An official, Dr. Majed Al-Hedayan, says, “The Qiwa platform works to attract and encourage national and foreign investments, and emphasizes the partnership between the public and private sectors that aims to achieve the diversification goals under Vision 2030”.
What are the services being provided?
The Qiwa platform provides more than eighty services. Some of the services you can avail of after registering are:
- Individual profile development
- Visa issuance service
- Issuance and renewal of work permits(Read: Your Guide to Obtaining a Work Visa for Saudi Arabia)
- Employee transfer service
- User management survive
- Contract management service
- Change of Iqama profession
And many more. You can find out about them on Qiwa services.
How to register on Qiwa?
The Qiwa platform allows expatriate workers to access and update employment contracts. However, few things are required before you can do that:
- Firstly, an Absher account (Absher is an eService providing official services to individuals via a mobile application). Absher provides Qiwa with information about you and your job. Hence, if you don’t have an account, register here.
- Secondly, a mobile number is linked to the Absher account to receive the verification code.
- Lastly, your Iqama number (Iqama is the official document of identification in Saudi Arabia) and its expiry date.
Now let’s take a look at the procedures to follow for the registration.
- Start with accessing the registration page here.
- Input your Iqama number and date of birth.
- Input the code sent to you by Absher for verification
- Now input your email and develop a password to sign up with the platform
- Choose a mobile number you want to register with and enter it.
- Click “send”.
- As a result, you will receive a code for confirmation; enter it.
Finally, you have now successfully registered on the platform. Accordingly, now you can access it and avail of its wide spectrum of services once the system loads your data and displays it.