Iqama is the official document that Kafeel, aka the employer for certain employees, gives them the allowance (status) to stay in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for work.
Whereas, if the same employer observes an employee’s absence at work reports, the sponsored employee is deported and stamped as illegal to stay in KSA.
Recommended: Professions In KSA That Don’t Hire Expatriates
Table Of Content
What do you mean by Huroob status?
Huroob comes from the Arabic language; it generally means escaping, running, or being absent from something.
An ex-pat or a foreign employee is termed Huroob by his employer or Kafeel when he does not show up to work without formal notice or permission.
How is the Huroob status issued?
The Kafeel or the sponsor reports to Jawazat, refusing to take responsibility for the absent worker. Jawazat then further investigates and issues search warrants. Moreover, the Iqama of the employee shows Huroob status, i.e., ‘absent from work.
Once the police have caught the absent worker, he is detained and deported. As a result, several years of bans are also issued to travel to Saudi Arabia.
How to check the Huroob status?
Checking Huroob’s status has become easier than ever. You’re just one easy step away from knowing yours with more than one option.
Here are some ways to know your status sooner;
Via Absher Website
- The simplest way to find out is by logging in to your account.
- Here’s the link to visit:
- Enter your credentials, i.e., your username and password.
- If you log into your account, you have nothing to worry about. If you can’t, it means you have Huroob on your Iqama, which is why your account is inactive.
Via the MOL KSA website
- Check your Iqama Huroob status on the Ministry of Labor website.
- Here’s the link to visit:
- Now, you don’t have to add all the provided numbers. All you need to do is add your image code and one of your ID numbers;
- Iqama number
- Border number
- Passport number
- Then click search, and you will know your Huroob status. The page is in Arabic, so that’s a heads-up for you all.
How to read your Huroob status?
The Iqama Huroob employment status shows only two options representing your availability and absence.
The first case scenario is when you have been absent at work; the status will appear as follows;
متغیب عن العمل
In the second case, your availability is proven when there is no Huroob on your Iqama. So the status reads as,
علی راس العمل
Take from the discussion, As important as Iqama is, to have it longer and prolong your stay in Saudi Arabia for work, it’s best to keep a check on your Huroob status.
Recommended: Digital Iqama: All You Need To Know
If there was Huroob on your Iqama when you were at work, you can challenge the Huroob and apply for an appeal. These are the new rules proposed by the Ministry of Labor. I hope it helps!