WHAT IS EJAR?
The process of finding a residence is difficult, and one may go through many problems, including but not limited to;
- The process is very manual.
- There is a lot of commuting involved.
- Trust can be a factor of consideration.
- Considering constraints of budgets, leases, and areas.
The list of problems can go on and on. Hence, this problem has been a tough job for many families throughout the years. Due to the increasing population and demand for suitable places to live for various families belonging to different classes, an innovative solution for the country’s ever-increasing population was the need of the hour.
Ejar is an online solution to solve some of these problems by providing the main window to solve all these problems. Ejar is a state-owned system with the motive to develop and regulate the housing and real estate sector. Therefore, it aims to offer sustainable solutions for all parties involved in the rental process (the tenant, landlord, and real estate broker). As a result, the Saudi government provides an online platform to develop a trusted housing society. It helps an individual or family find the house of their dreams in the populated country easily. Moreover, it also helps in reducing the overall time taken in the entire process.
HOW DOES IT WORK? WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
Ejar works by connecting all the tenants, landlords, and agents involved in the deal. Every agency member registers themselves by submitting their relevant documents, completing the credit hours and training sessions to get the certification. Once registered, they upload their properties for rent.
A simple step-wise process between a landlord and tenant using Ejar is defined below;
- Firstly in the process, the landlord creates the Ejar contract. The landlord has to ask for your Iqama and phone number to make a rental contract in the online system.
- Secondly, To create the contract, the landlord has to pay a fee of SAR 250.
- After the landlord creates the house rent contract, the tenant will receive a notification via SMS.
- After receiving the notification, the tenant has seven days to reject the offer. Otherwise, it would be deemed an acceptance.
- The Ejar SMS notification for the tenant would have a unique invitation link to register with the Ejar system. The tenant has to mention their Iqama number, username, and password.
- After creating the account, the tenant can log into the account.
- After logging in, the tenant can click on the “Let’s Start” button. On the next page, the tenant should be able to review the contract and download it. (tenant is advised to read all its terms)
- On this page, the tenant can scroll down and see either ‘accept’ or ‘reject’ the agreement. Once done, the tenant will receive a Time Passcode for the authentication.
- The process should now be complete.
HOW TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD YOUR HOUSE RENT CONTRACTS AS A TENANT?
- You should log into their Ejar account using the specified username and password.
- Click on the “Contracts” tab.
- You should be able to view all your active contracts on this page.
- Click on the three dots.
- Press on ‘view contracts.’
- To download the contract, press “Download contract copy.”
HOW TO PAY YOUR HOUSE RENT THROUGH EJAR?
There are various ways you as a tenant can pay your rent using Ejar’s online system. It is one of the essential and handy services this platform offers.
Paying your rent through Mada card:
- Log in to your Ejar account.
- On the Dashboard tab, you should be able to see a “Make Payment” button.
- Click on “Make Payment.”
- The system should now show you the amount of rent installment which is due.
- You can now enter your Mada card or Debit card information to pay your rent.
Paying Ejar system using Sadad:
This method should be able to pay rent through NCB Bank.
- You as a tenant should be able to download the bank application through iTunes or Play Store. (If not yet downloaded or set up)
- Log in to your Internet banking account using your bank details.
- Select the option of ‘SADAD.’
- Browse to ‘One Time SADAD Payment.’
- Biller information should be ‘Gov. Agencies’.
- Ejar SADAD Code is 153.
- The subscription number should be the contract number from the Ejar website (this is relevant to the rental contract you are playing against).
- Click on ‘Proceed’ to complete the payment.
Paying rent by a bank transfer or cash:
Ejar also gives you an option to make your rent payment through bank transfer or cash. To do this, you can follow the steps;
- Login to your account and browse your dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Request a Voucher’ Button.
- Enter your payment amount (this should reflect your rent contract payment amount).
- Select your payment option ‘Cash or Bank Transfer.’
- Select your payment date.
After the steps mentioned above, the landlord should issue you (the tenant) a receipt for the payment using the Ejar system – which is yet another feature of their services.
ARE THERE ANY PENALTIES FOR PEOPLE NOT REGISTERED THROUGH EJAR?
Since this is a state-regulated platform – there could be some penalties for not abiding by the regulation. Some examples/fines are as follows;
- SAR 25000 penalty to any landlord who is not part of the Ejar system.
- Cancellation of the license of the agent for up to one year.
- SAR 1000 penalty for landlords who do not upload their rented property contracts.
HOW TO SIGN IN?
Every tenant should register the Ejar contract as it is a new requirement by the Ministry of labor for the renewal of Iqama.
- Click on the identity register.
- Create an account by entering a unique username and password.
- Enter details about Iqama.
- Enter iqama number.
- Write the verification code received on SMS by ejar.