Being one of the biggest telemarketers in KSA, STC offers several impressive services to its users. One of these fantastic services is the STC eSIM. So, what is an eSIM? How is the eSIM different from a traditional sim? What are its advantages over a standard sim? Well, don’t worry, we’ll answer all your questions regarding the STC e-SIM in this article.
You may also like to read more about:
- STC: The Network You Need in KSA
- How to Check STC Balance
- How to Switch from STC Prepaid to Postpaid and Vice Versa
- How to Switch Language in STC Sim
- How to Check Your STC Sim Number
What is an eSIM?
The words eSIM stand for embedded e-SIM, and it is a technology that enables you to activate a postpaid or prepaid plan without using the traditional physical SIM card.
What are the Advantages of an eSIM:
- You can now use one number for work and another for personal calls.
- It allows you to have two or more numbers on the same device.
What is the difference between the new eSIM and the traditional SIM?
An eSIM is embedded within your mobile device. For an eSIM, you will be provided a voucher that contains a QR Code. The QR code provided to you can be scanned to download the e-SIM on your mobile device, while the traditional SIM is removable and replaceable at any time.
How to obtain this eSIM?
You can obtain an e-SIM in the following ways:
- The mySTC app. (you will get it directly without the need for delivery).
- All STC sales offices in KSA.
- Via mySTC portal.
How to order eSIM via mySTC app
To get the e-SIM from the application, you first need to download the application from the links below:
Once you have downloaded the mySTC app and logged in using your number or mySTC id, follow the steps below to obtain your eSIM.
- Enter the store option at the bottom of the screen in the app.
- Now select “get a new number.”
- Choose the type of SIM you want to purchase (prepaid or postpaid).
- Select a suitable plan from the options available.
- Make payment for your e-SIM.
- Choose the “Use e-SIM” option and complete the steps that appear.
How to Change Your Current Standard STC SIM to eSIM via the mySTC App
If you already use a standard STC sim, you can switch your current sim into an eSIM via the mySTC app. Just follow these simple steps below to do it:
- Download and log in to the mySTC app.
- Click on the “Manage” button on the app homepage.
- Click on the SIM icon at the top of the page.
- Select your current SIM.
- Click on “Replace SIM.”
- Choose “Use eSIM” and complete the steps that follow to activate.
How to activate the STC eSIM:
To activate your newly purchased STC eSIM, you need to have a working internet connection. Once your connection is secure, you need to follow the steps below:
- Scratch, the QR Code, provided to you.
- Follow the step-by-step guide that appears on your screen.
Upon activating the e-SIM on the device, you must note that you cannot use it on another device. In case of changing the devices, you need to get another SIM replacement, as the previous e-SIM will not work on another device after being activated on the original one.
What is the cost of eSIM?
If you want to upgrade your current traditional SIM to eSIM, it will cost you 57.5 SAR for postpaid and 28.75 SAR for prepaid numbers, including VAT.
What devices is the eSIM compatible with?
If you want an eSIM but are not sure if your current mobile device would be compatible with e-SIM, STC provides a detailed list of all compatible devices for SIM on their website. It includes multiple iOS and Android devices.
To wrap it all up, STC e-SIM is an excellent option if you are looking to have more than one sim on your device or create a distinction between your personal and business contacts without the hassle of registering for a new traditional sim. So, get your eSIM and stay connected.