The Saudi Telecom Company (STC) is one of the largest telecommunication sim service providers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Therefore, it is the preferred network of millions of people living in KSA, expats and natives alike.
Even though the native language of the country is Arabic, not all living in KSA are fluent in the language since a large number of people living and working in the country are expats.
English, the widely accepted international mother tongue of the world, seems like the next best alternative to one’s native mother tongue for communication in a foreign country.
However, if you have been an STC user for even a little time, you would have noticed that all the messages you receive from the service are Arabic.
It can be confusing and frustrating for expats, but we have the solution for you. You can very easily convert the language on your STC sim from Arabic to English via these three easy methods:
- By sending an SMS
- Via the mySTC app
- By Calling the STC helpline.
How to switch STC language from Arabic to English via SMS?
By far, the most convenient method to switch your sim language is by sending an SMS to a specified number.
- Send SMS 1390 to 900.
- If your current language is Arabic, it will change to English.
- If the current language is English, it will change to Arabic.
How to switch STC language via the mySTC app?
Firstly, you will need to download the mySTC app on your mobile phone. You can download it from the links below:
Once you’ve got the application on your mobile phone, follow these few easy steps below to switch the SIM language:
- Login to your mySTC account.
- Select the number you want to login with (if you have more than one).
- Click on the Settings option on the bottom right corner.
- Select Number properties.
- Select the mobile number.
- Tap on the Contact Language button.
- Select the STC language Arabic or English.
- Your sim language will be switched shortly.
You may also like to read more about:
- STC: The Network You Need in KSA
- How to Check STC Balance
- How to Switch from STC Prepaid to Postpaid and Vice Versa
- How to Check Your STC Sim Number
- The STC eSIM and All You Need to Know About It
How to Switch STC Sim Language from Arabic to English via the STC Helpline?
If the methods mentioned above are not feasible for you, you can call “900”, the STC helpline number. You will be asked to follow a few instructions and after that.
You will be connected to a customer care representative to help you out, and you can ask the representative to switch your sim language from Arabic to English.
In conclusion, if you are not confident about your newly minted Arabic skills or don’t speak the mother tongue at all, you don’t have to worry about missing out on anything important from STC.
Simply switch your sim language to English using the above-described methods to stay on top of all their offers and notifications.