Performance, Transmission, and Engine
The Lexus IS 2022 comes with three engine options:
- A 241-HP turbocharged, four-cylinder and0-liter in the IS300,
- A 311-HP V-6 in the IS350, and
- A 472-HP V-8 in the IS500 F-Sport Performance model.
People were not a big fan of the four-cylinder in the last tests of the IS300 due to lack of power. The V-6 allows the IS to out-shine and unveils the F Sports combo, which brings many performance upgrades which are:
- Limited-slip rear differential,
- Staggered 19-inch wheels, and
- An optional adaptive suspension.
Real-World MPG and Fuel Economy
The Environmental Protection Agency has given the most cost-effective IS—the four-cylinder, rear-wheel-drive IS300 model—fuel-economy estimates of 21 mpg city and 31 mpg highway.
The V-6 IS350 is estimated as low as 19 mpg city and as high as 28 mpg highway; the IS500’s numbers haven’t been publicized. For more information about the IS’ fuel economy, visit The EPA’s website.
Comfort, Interior, and Cargo
Lexus IS 2022 is one of the finest interior competing cars in its class.
Dual-zone automatic climate control, front power seats, and push-button start are all standard features.
On the other hand, power sunroof and leather upholstery are optional.
When 2021 IS was redesigned, Lexus made some minor changes to the interior, round air vents near the door panels. Relocated cup-holders, and an infotainment system that’s been moved closer to the edge of the dashboard.
These changes were so minor that if you don’t focus, you won’t notice the changes.
Connectivity and Infotainment System
- A bigger 10.3-inch display is optional,
- An 8.0-inch touch-screen infotainment system is standard
- It also uses a mounted console touchpad; and
- Comes bundled with in-dash navigation.
The compatible systems are Android Auto, Apple Car Play, and Amazon Alexa. Mark Levinson’s premium stereo system is available as an option, but it has 1800 watts of power with 17 speakers this time.
Driver-Assistance and Safety Features
Lexus IS 2022 continues to provide a suite of driver-assistance features as standard on the IS series. For more information about the IS’ crash-test results, visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) websites. Main safety features include:
Standard driver assistance features:
- Rearview camera with blind-spot monitoring
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
- Pedestrian and cyclist detection with Road sign recognition
- Rear cross-traffic alert with adaptive cruise control
- Lane keep assist and departure warning
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Optional driver assistance features:
- Parking Sensors for Front and Rear
- Parking camera system with surrounding view
The LEXUS IS 2022 in Saudi Arabia is expected to be around SAR 209,108.
Lexus KSA website – Click Here.