Saudi traffic revised some traffic fines in 2022; here is a list of traffic violations and their prescribed fines. The “violation fines” are split into eight different categories.
These new and revised traffic violation categories are:
Category 1: SR 20,000 to SR 60,000
The Saudi government newly launches this revised traffic violation category. In this category, traffic violation lawbreakers will be fined Saudi Riyal 20,000 to Saudi Riyal 60,000. Moreover, the offender will also get 24 traffic violation points.
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the first time.
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the second time.
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the third time.
Category 2: SR 5,000 to SR 10,000
The following list describes these offenses:
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This offense also brings 24 traffic violation points to the offender’s record.
- Crossing or passing a valley during the flood.
- Once the animal owner does not place their domestic animals away from the roadside.
- Doing road works without bringing notice to the concerned authorities.
- Camouflage or alter the chassis number of the car or vehicle.
Category 3: SR 3,000 to SR 6,000
This category covers the following revised traffic violations fines:
- If the driver continues his vehicle while the red traffic light is on.
- Do Not stop entirely at a Red light.
- Racing vehicles on public roads.
- Install equipment and lights used in official and emergency vehicles.
- Overtaking a stopped school bus picking up or dropping off students. This violation also gets four traffic violation points on the offender’s record.
- Damaging or tampering with traffic regulation signs and signals.
- Installing unauthorized devices and equipment on the vehicle.
- Pasting logos or posters on vehicles conflicting with public morals.
- If the driver hits another car while driving in the wrong direction of the street or road. Such an offender also gets 12 traffic violation points.
Category 4: SR 1,000 to SR 2,000
The revised traffic violations fines are:
- Stopping on or parking a vehicle on the railway track. The offense also gets the offender six traffic violation points.
- Transportation of more than the permitted number of passengers in a vehicle.
- If the driver does not obey the marked road lane limits or drives the vehicle in the yellow lane.
- Driving a vehicle without a number plate or tampered or foraged number plates.
- Parking and leaving vehicles on the public passage or roadway.
- If a driver does not show the Istimara and Iqama upon request.
- If a driver overtakes other vehicles at turns, curves, and going uphill.
- Fails to export a vehicle due or in the given time.
- Driving a motorcycle without wearing a helmet. This violation will also bring two traffic violation points for the offender.
- Pedestrians will be fined if they cross a road from any place other than the assigned zone.
Category 5: SR 500 to SR 900
These traffic rules violations are:
- If the driver is driving the car or vehicle without a valid driving license.
- Exceeding or crossing the given speed limit by more than 25 km/hour.
- Ringing or using the siren of emergency vehicles without any need.
- Breaking the car tinting law.
- High-speed driving in traffic. It also gets eight traffic violation points for the offender.
- Not stopping at the traffic signal contain the sign driving priority ahead.
- If a driver does not use the headlights at night or during bad weather.
- If the driver does not obey the traffic police manual signals. Moreover, it also imposes eight traffic violation points.
- Endangering people’s lives by driving without breaks or out-of-order breaks.
- If a driver drives his car without a headlight while driving in a tunnel.
- Using a cell phone while driving. This also gets two traffic violation points for the offender.
- Driving or loading a truck without proper safety measures and carrying an uncovered load without adequately securing the load with ropes, etc. The violation will get four traffic violation points.
Category 6: SR 300 to SR 500
These revised traffic violations fines are:
- Crossing the speed limit of the vehicle not more than 25 km/hour.
- Crossing the official check post with a speed exceeding 25 km/hour. Moreover, the offender will get four traffic violation points.
- Crossing the road lanes where it is not permitted. It also imposes four traffic violation points.
- Customized illegal change to a vehicle’s body; this also brings a penalty of 4 traffic violation points.
- If a driver drives a vehicle that pollutes the surrounding environment.
- Not obeying the traffic rules, regulations, and instructions while driving. Moreover, it also penalty six traffic violation points to the offender.
- Using a vehicle for illegal or unlicensed works.
- Seating passengers in vehicles in places where not allowed.
- Placing objects or things on public roads endangers people’s safety.
- Unnecessary and sudden use of brakes.
- Obstructing emergency or VIP vehicle movement.
- Using an expired driving license while driving in Saudi Arabia.
- Stopping or slowing down in traffic, thus creating problems in the smooth flow of traffic.
- Parking or leaving the vehicle on a slope without engaging the handbrake.
Category 7: SR 100 to SR 300
Below revised traffic violations fines impose SR 100 to SR 300 :
- Nose picking while driving a vehicle.
- Not equipping trailers according to rules and regulations.
- Driving a vehicle without Fahas.
- Not keeping the safe and suggested distance between two vehicles.
- Braking traffic rule by using powerful headlights.
- Parking the vehicle in a public area or road without safety measures.
- Creating bars inside the car that creates hurdles in driver vision.
- Driving any vehicle without a valid Istimara.
- Driving a vehicle without legally transferred ownership.
- Driving without a seatbelt and this violation also imposes two traffic violation points.
- If the vehicle does not have seat safety measures for kids.
- Vehicle without the proper horn.
- Changing lanes without using an indicator.
- Reversing a vehicle on a highway for more than 20 meters.
Recommended: Saudi Arabia’s Top 10 Favorite SUVs
Category 8: SR 100 to SR 150
This category carries the least fine ratio in Saudi Arabia. According to this category, it imposes a minimum of 100 Saudi Riyals in the following circumstances.
- Throwing any object or thing from the vehicle while it is moving.
- Getting off or getting into the car while it is moving.
- Pedestrian’s not following the signal place for them.
- Parking or stopping the vehicle where it is not allowed.
- Driving the vehicle without valid and specified insurance.
- Leaving or parking the vehicle with the engine running.