What is the Madrasati platform?
During COVID-19, the Ministry of Education(MOE) in Saudi Arabia introduced a supplemental virtual system to support distance learning. As per the government’s announcement, all the public schools in the country were closed due to the pandemic.
The Madrasati platform was, therefore, created by MOE to serve as a virtual classroom. It was to facilitate teaching and learning processes from grades 1 to 12.
Madrasati SA is an e-learning system that supports teachers, students, and parents. According to MOI, over 25000 public and 729 private schools use this platform.
Also, during the academic year 2020-2021, more than 90 million virtual classes were conducted in the first semester. In the second semester, over 60 million virtual classes were conducted.
The platform was to be used by the schools initially for only the first seven weeks of the first semester in 2020.
However, as COVID-19 progressively spread, MOE announced that the schools would use Madrasati until further notice. You can either use it through the website or download its application.
Services Provided By Madrasati
Offering high-quality e-learning, this LMS allows teachers to deliver their lessons conveniently. It also provides the following services:
- It provides tools for virtual meetings. Teachers can deliver their lectures at any time through these meetings. The teachers can also give lessons as per the school’s schedule.
- Moreover, it also has the feature of saving recorded lectures. Students can log into their accounts and view the lessons at their convenience.
- Students can download PowerPoint Presentations and other resource materials. They can submit their homework assignments online as well.
- The platform also includes the Microsoft Office program (365). This support tool ensures strong communication between all parties via emails and other communication channels.
- It has the features to develop educational planners. Teachers can also prepare question banks, quizzes, and exams with easy-to-use tools.
Madrasati SA: User Support
Using madrasati.sa can be challenging if the user is unfamiliar with the technology. However, training sessions made adapting to it easy for the teachers.
Most of the teachers took a training course on how to use madrasati.sa as a virtual classroom. Also, many videos have been uploaded by MOE explaining the process of how to go about using this platform.
Adding on, Madrasati includes various support tools for differently abled users. These tools also increase the service quality of the software.
How To Log Into Your Madrasati Account?
You can log in through the link available at madrasati.sa website.
However, you first need to get your username and password through the Tawakkalna app. Follow the steps below to obtain your username and password.
- Register on the Tawakkalna website if you are not already registered.
- Sign in to your Tawakkalna account using the Iqama number and password of the head of your family.
- You will receive a verification code on the registered phone number. Enter that code to complete the login process.
- Then, select the Madrasati platform option from the side menu.
- A pop-up window will appear. You have to enter your student name, Iqama number, and username here.
- Click on the send password button.
- You will receive your password on the registered phone number.
To log in to your Madrasati account through the website, follow the steps.
- Firstly, open the madrasati.sa website.
- Then, click the third option, “Log in with a Microsoft account for the teaching staff and students.”
- A Microsoft sign-in page will open. Enter the username you obtained through Tawakkalna. Click the Next button.
- Enter the password you received and click on the Sign-in button.
- You then have to change your account’s password. Decide on a new password and click the Sign-in button.
- Another window will appear, showing all the registration terms and conditions. Click on the box there to agree to all the terms. Your Madrasati Registration process is now complete.
This initiative by Saudi Arabia during COVID-19 received much recognition globally. UNESCO, among the four global models in the field of e-learning, selected this model as well.
Also, in “Computers Electronics and Technology: Programming and Developer Software,” the Madrasati platform ranks first among all platforms in Saudi Arabia.