The General Department of Traffic (KSA) requires you to have a valid Istimara to use any vehicle. This article explains how to register or renew your Istimara online.
How do you get your Istimara?
You can get your vehicle registration card by visiting the traffic office physically or online through your Absher account.
How to Collect Istimara through Muroor?
To get your Istimara through the Traffic Police Office(Muroor), you must book an appointment through your Absher Account first. However, you must ensure that you have the following documents before visiting the Muroor:
- Old Istimara card
- Valid Iqama
- Appointment receipt
To make an appointment for Muroor through your Absher account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Absher account
- Click on the Appointments option and then select “Traffic.”
- A window will then appear, displaying the services you can access through the Traffic option. Click on the Proceed to Service button.
- Select “Book New Appointment”
- Several services will appear on your screen. Click on “Printing a vehicle license.”
- Then, choose the area you live in from the options available. Select the Muroor Branch name depending on your location.
- An appointment window will appear, displaying all the available slots for different days. Choose the most suitable time slot to finalize your appointment.
- After selecting the time slot, your appointment summary will appear on your screen. Click on “Confirm your Appointment”. Your Muroor appointment will be confirmed. However, remember to print and take the appointment slip on your appointment day.
How to Register for an Istimara Online?
The General Department of Traffic offers an e-service (the Saudi Post’s Waseel Service) to get your Istimara online. Follow the steps below to acquire your Istimara online:
- Log into your Absher account.
- Then, click on My Services option. A list of services will appear on your screen. Select “Postal Delivery Service”.
- Choose the “Request Postal Document Delivery” option.
- Select the Vehicle Ownership Transfer option and click the “Select” button. Then, click on “Select Document”.
- After this, you will have to confirm your address. Upon selecting your correct address, a window will appear displaying your Postal Delivery Summary containing your contact details, address, etc.
- Click on the Confirm Delivery Request button. You will receive a message of confirmation on the phone number you provided.
- The message will also include a link through which the payment process will be done. You will then receive your Istimara in a few days after your payment.
How To Renew Your Istimara?
To keep your documents updated, you need to renew your Istimara after every three years. However, before you proceed with the renewal process, you must meet specific requirements.
Requirements for Vehicle Registration Card Renewal
- You can request renewal of your Istimara only 180 days before its expiration.
- You should have a valid Fahasor MVPI. However, if you do not have a valid Fahas, you must get Fahas before going for Istimara renewal.
- Pay Istimara Renewal Fee( SAR 300 or SAR 400)
How to Renew Vehicle Registration Card Online?
- Log into your Absher account.
- Click on the Vehicles Services option. Then, click on “Vehicles Management”.
- A list of services will appear on your screen. Click on the “Renew Vehicle Registration” option to renew your Istimara.
- An error will appear if you have insufficient funds in your Absher Account. To proceed with your Vehicle Registration Card renewal, you must first pay the renewal fees through Sadad.
- However, if you have already paid the fee, you can finish your Istimara renewal request by accepting the terms and conditions and then clicking on the “Confirm Vehicle Registration” option.
- Your vehicle registration (Istimara) will updated successfully.