Online Therapy provides a convenient and affordable platform to access accurate, board-certified medical professionals without requiring you to visit a therapist’s office in person.
It’s a safe space where you can address topics like anxiety, depression, stress, PTSD, childhood trauma or abuse, eating disorders, and many more.
But people with urgent mental health care emergencies are not advised for online Therapy.
Recommended: Top Ten Books Of All Time
One of the most significant benefits of online Therapy is reaching people who can not make it to the therapist’s office in person.
However, there are many online therapy platforms, and it can be overwhelming to choose what’s right for you.
Below are our top picks and the best online Therapy for your needs and preferences.
BetterHelp, one of the world’s huge recognized names in the online therapy industry, was founded in 2013 by Alon Matas, headquartered in Mountain View, California.
The company’s goal is to make counseling obtainable, more affordable, and convenient by all means.
After seeking Therapy for depression, Alon Matas, the founder himself, decided to make an online therapy platform for those who have limited access, cost, inconvenience, or hesitate to in-person Therapy.
He also ensured that people get the same comfort in their own space.
Concerns That BetterHelp Therapists Address Includes
- People who are looking to improve their quality of life
- Who are experiencing high levels of stress
- Mild symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Struggling in their relationships
- Eating disorders or addiction
- Feeling lack of confidence
- Adults who went through trauma or childhood abuse
Who Can Not Consider BetterHelp
BetterHelp is not advised for people with a higher level of stress, anxiety, or depression and is also prohibited for those who report having suicidal thoughts.
Here Are Some of The Benefits Of Betterhelp
- BetterHelp therapists are available to its users at any time via a smart device
- More affordable than in-person Therapy
- There is a free trial service for seven days
- You can also remain anonymous with your therapist
- Have unlimited messaging with your therapist
- you can also set your therapy timings according to your schedule
Here Are Some Downsides to Consider Before Buying BetterHelp
- BetterHelp therapists are not allowed to diagnose conditions
- BetterHelp has no psychiatrist available, so there are no medicines prescribed
- Insurance may not cover the cost of BetterHelp; thus, it’s a little expensive
The cost of Therapy through BetterHelp ranges between $60 to $90 a week, depending on various factors, including preferences, location, and types of counseling offered.
Recommended: Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Dubai
REGAIN – Relationship Therapy
Everybody wants a successful marriage, but sometimes the solution is right under their noses when problems occur, but they can’t guess it. That’s where ReGain comes in.
ReGain is an online therapy platform that exclusively focuses on relationship and marriage therapy, in addition to individual counseling.
It promises convenient and high-quality relationship counseling at a lower cost than traditional face-to-face therapy.
Generally speaking, the name explains itself that by receiving counseling through ReGain, you can regain your beautiful relationship journey.
- ReGain has specialized therapists in relationship counseling
- It is more affordable than other online therapy platforms
- There is no limit to the number of messages or sessions with your counselor
- Easy to use with excellent security and privacy
- Three-way phone calls or live video sessions are not supported
- Both partners have to be in the same room
- Your partner can access all the messages between you and your therapist
- It can take several days to match you with a counselor
- There’s no free trial
ReGain online marriage counseling sessions average around $60-$90 per week. It does not accept insurance.
You should verify current rates for receiving individual counseling or couple counseling because that pricing changes by your geographical location and therapist availability.
Talkspace was the earliest online therapy platform, founded in 2012. It’s a user-friendly, subscription-based company that currently includes psychiatry, medication management, couples therapy, and teen therapy.
It provides various communication options, including video, audio, messaging, and live chat.
The best part is, Talkspace also works with a few insurance providers and EAP plans. And, also accept payments from HSA and FSA cards which helps make them more affordable.
- Talkspace can personalize the medication through their specialized psychiatrist for those who need medical treatment
- TalkSpace covers some services by insurance
- When you sign up, you can avail yourself of a free 10-minute call or live video with your therapist
- Talkspace does not offer legal documentation for court-ordered therapy or disability programs
- The company gets expensive if you need additional services
- Before signing up, there is no data available of a therapist
Talkspace offers a variety of different subscription options, all priced differently. Currently has three therapy subscription options for individuals:
- Firstly, Unlimited Messaging Therapy: $69 per week
- This plan also includes text, video, audio messaging
- The therapist responds daily, five days per week.
- Secondly, Live Therapy: is $99 per week.
- It Offers four live video sessions per month of 45 minutes.
- The therapist responds daily, five days per week.
- Thirdly, Unlimited Messaging Therapy Plus: $129 per week
- It includes text, video, and audio messaging. Furthermore, it has four live video sessions per month of 45 minutes.
- The therapist responds daily, five days per week.
- Subscribers can also purchase additional live sessions that credit $65 each.
Due to their faith and beliefs, counseling is only successful when it is provided by someone who shares their morals and principles.
Faithful counseling aims to help Christians by providing professional mental health and supporting them emotionally, mentally, and spiritually by providing an authentic faith perspective that inspires them and simultaneously guides them.
Area Of Concerns
- Family Conflicts
- Parenting Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Anger Management and Conflict
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Sleeping disorders
- All of the therapists are fully licensed and experienced
- All of their therapists self-identify as Christian
- for instance, free seven days trial
- Free of cost educational seminars are also available
- Therapists do not offer traditional pastoral counseling yet
- Most of the sessions range from $40-$70 per week.
- It does not accept insurance.
Cerebral is a new online therapy company founded in 2020, based out of San Francisco. It is widely spread in a short period.
Cerebral Therapy offers teletherapy or medication services for various mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, postpartum depression, and menopausal depression.
In some states, Cerebral therapists also treat ADHD, bipolar disorder, and Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Treatment Varies According To Your Problem, But Some Of The Cerebral Therapy Includes
- Breathing exercises
- Grounding exercises
- Stress management
- Cerebral has low introductory rates overall for the first month
- It provides free prescription delivery
- Some insurance plus FSA/HSA cards accepted
- After the first month, prices increase significantly
- There are no long-term subscription discounts available
- Its teletherapy is limited to 35 states only
- Only offers individual counseling yet (no services for couples, teens, or families)
- Cerebral Therapy’s plans range from $85 to $325 per month for those paying out of pocket.
- Discounted rates are also available for the first month.
The Price of The Plans Are As Follows
- Medication and Care Counseling: $85 per month; the first month is $30
- Medication and Coaching: $195 per month; the first month is $79
- Coaching: $145 per month; the first month is $59
Brightside is an online mental health company and medication management program with an ultimate mission of brightening “a clear path back to being you” intended for adults (ages 18 and above).
Who Can Get Help Through Brightside
- People with major depressive disorder
- Dealing with generalized anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Who can not consider Brightside:
- Brightside providers will not counsel or treat people who are:
- Suicidal or engaging in self-harm
- Who have substance abuse problems
- People with eating disorders
- Have psychiatric conditions like bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder
Brightside Offers Three Treatment Plans
- Brightside medication plan costs $95 per month.
- Deliver medications to your door monthly.
- Brightside therapy costs $299 per month
- It includes unlimited messaging and four live video sessions
- You can also purchase additional video sessions at the cost of $59 per session
Medication + Therapy
- It costs $349 per month
- You get unlimited messaging and a weekly video session.
Recommended: Top 5 Hospitals in Jeddah
Teencounseling.com is an online therapy platform founded in 2013 for teens aged 13 to 19 to help teenagers cope with various issues like anxiety, self-esteem, lack of confidence, bullying, relationships, or anger.
The company’s goal is to make the teens more successful in their skills. Parents or teens can sign up on TeenCounseling.com, after which they are assigned a counselor, and the teen is invited.
Areas Of Treatment
- The company covers many treatment areas:
- Teens who struggle to handle pressure arising from school or home environment
- Teen’s therapists address anxiety and stress.
- Teens who struggle with self-esteem
- Work with a lack of confidence.
- Teens who struggle with eating disorders
- Teens who go through bullying
- Talking to a therapist can help address many mental health challenges. Teens will then experience more happiness, deal with their situations better, improve their relationships at home, and perform better in school.
- TeenCounseling has Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
- 24/7 availability
- Convenient monthly subscription
- Great privacy, even parent and teen get separate messaging rooms with the therapist
- There’s no medication management
- No psychiatrist on staff
- You can not avail of free trials
Cost ranges from $60-$90 per week. Price can vary based on where you log on to the website.
Amwell, or American Well, is an online telemedicine service that connects healthcare professionals through live video visits.
There are various treatments available and treat common non-emergency but urgent care conditions.
However, this company is ideal for those who are reluctant to leave their comfort zone and benefit from receiving mental health help from their comfort zone.
Amwell platform is not for the people who are a threat to others, actively suicidal, or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Common Conditions That Amwell Treats Include
- Urgent care
- Nutritional counseling
- Breastfeeding support
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety, depression, and phobias
- Menopause care
- Offers psychiatrist if needed
- 24/7 available
- Easy access by a phone or web
- Does not provide medication
- If you need urgent care, it starts from $79 and can be even less through insurance.
- There are two therapist levels.
- Master’s and doctoral levels range from $99 to $110.
Onlinetherapy.com, a Swedish company founded in 2009 by Carl Nordstrom, prides itself on being the best online therapy service that, by all means, focuses on mental health solutions, specifically via cognitive-behavioral Therapy.
The company also offers yoga and meditation instructions in addition to therapy sessions. The company also provides instructional videos, journals, and worksheets.
- A qualified and licensed therapist
- Offers a toolbox to assist with anxiety and stress
- It also provides journals, yoga, videos, meditation instructions
- There is no mobile application
- For now, therapists are only available on weekdays
Onlinetherapy.com offers four plans, one of which is free. All subscribers get 20% off for the first month.
Their Plans Include
- This plan includes the same valuable tools and resources as the other packages.
- It’s a preliminary plan which is entirely free for users who want to try without paying.
- But it does not allow direct communication with a therapist.
- It costs $39.95 per week—access to yoga, meditation, videos, journals, plans, and tests.
- It also includes daily therapist worksheet feedback on weekdays.
- It costs $59.95 per week.
- It includes the basic plan with one live session with the therapist.
- The premium is best for the people who always need maximum support.
- It costs $79.95 per week.
- Includes same perks of the standard plan, but with two live sessions and unlimited messaging with the therapist with express replies.
- Membership fees are billed monthly.
Recommended: A guide to healthcare systems in Saudi Arabia
HealthSapiens is a US-based online healthcare service that offers acute medical and mental care and, if necessary, can write a prescription.
It’s for the people who want 24/7 access to medical care at a low cost.
Some of the common health conditions that Health Sapiens treat include:
- Weight Disorder
- Relationship issues
- Substance abuse
- Major illness
- Financial stress
- Available 24/7 with masters-level counselors
- Secure connection with blockchain privacy
- Also, multiple options to choose from (phone call, video, texts, face-to-face)
- Cannot select a preferred doctor
- Currently, a Health Sapien therapy session is $149 per month.
Recommended: Healthcare for Women in Saudi Arabia
What Therapy To Choose
Before signing up for any therapy service, do your research work properly.
Firstly, look for its unique features, Secondly, what pricing it offers, is it in your budget even or not, thirdly and more necessarily, what type of security they provide.